Monday, February 26, 2018


It’s been quite a while since I wrote a post, so I figured now is as good as any. I was always told change is envitable, just like death and taxes. I am one who doesn’t thrive too much on change, but it’s been a constant in my life for decades - sometimes too much. For instance, within three years, all three children left the nest, two got married and had children, the youngest went off to college. Before I was ready, I was an empty-nester. To say it’s an adjustment, is an understatement.

Since that time, we have redone our house - decluttered, repainted, got new appliances, new carpet, and a new HVAC system - which is very expensive, btw. We have probably added about $10,000-20,000 value onto the home and proud of what we’ve done so far. We still have a lot more we want to do, but we got the necessary changes done first, plus we’re exhausted!

I have been flitting back and forth with jobs, doing some more freelance, when I get the opportunity. I am also trying to get my brain to rewire itself, due to the nervous system being on high alert and creating chronic pain. One day, I will heal and get not just my old life back, but hopefully a better one. In the meantime, I just keep trudging along and reading all about neruoscience and neuroplasticity. I could have been a neuroscientist in another life....


1 comment:

  1. We are a digital marketing company that is specialized in providing SEO services so that you stand out and get your website found by your target audience. Our team of SEO experts knows all the ins and outs about optimization of improving the visibility of your website!

    Best Digital Marketing Services

    ReplyDelete

Chapter Two: It's Only Just Beginning

  I stir from my sleep, the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. Stretching lazily, I savor...