Thursday, September 28, 2023

Content Marketing Manager Job hunting Update 2023

Hello visitors,

Today marks the 9th month of being laid off from my marketing manager position. It has been a whirlwind of a journey and it's still going on. This is the toughest job market I've ever dealt with, and it's never taken me this long to find a job. Initially, I decided to do what I've always done - freshen up my resume and start applying. 

I did get interviews and was certain I would find a position within a month or two. When that didn't transpire, I decided to do some research. I started following YouTube channels and LinkedIn experts to see what was up. I followed advice and suggestions, but alas, still no offer.

 I did my very best with the following:

  • Rewritten my resume many times
  • Put in keywords
  • Tried to match my resume to the job description
  • Networked like crazy (Follow me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/comm/mynetwork/discovery-see-all?usecase=PEOPLE_FOLLOWS&followMember=julianielsen)
  • Sprayed and prayed (doesn't work)
  • Got referrals from previous coworkers and managers
  • Went above and beyond with applications (created PowerPoint presentations)
  • Posted that I'm looking on social media accounts
  • Cold emailed some companies
I have applied to hundreds of jobs and gone through the hiring process 15 times, and yet, no offer.

However, I have gained a lot of insight into recruiting, hiring, and being a candidate. I have learned the following:

  • You have to WORK at finding a job
  • You have to get out of your comfort zone and network and socialize
  • You have to not take rejections personally
  • You have to be patience
  • You have to take a break (your mental health deserves it)
  • You have to be humble and take less money
  • You have to really be qualified for jobs you want to apply to
  • You have to follow recruiters and hiring managers on LinkedIn
  • You have to persevere until that YES comes
I know I will find the right fit for me, and if anyone visiting here knows of someone looking for a kickass content marketing manager with years of experience and who knows how to get RESULTS, let me know. 

My time is coming ... and if you're a job seeker, so is yours.

The rainbow is around the corner ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter Seven: Hopefully, We’ll Get Some Answers

  The begonias' beauty and the laurel tree's myth seem almost cruel in contrast to the dark cloud hanging over us. As Brock suggests...