Julia L. Nielsen
562 E 350 S, Lehi, Utah 84043 | 801-636-3788 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment in copywriting and editing positions, which provide ownership for work output, extensive personal and independent responsibility, and an opportunity to use the skill set that I have developed in past employment.
18 years professional writing & editing, including content writing for websites, blogs, magazines, newspapers, and for radio, with a focused approach on detail, creativity, relevancy, and flow; 25 years of maintaining a household, including cooking, maintaining a budget, and cleaning, with jobs in retail and food.
DIPLOMA | 2005 | INSTITUTE OF CHILDREN’S LITERATURE
· Related coursework: Two-year writing correspondence course for college credit, where instructor acknowledged form and content in writing; proficient in developing characters who are unique and likable; highly effective writer, able to formulate ideas and express thoughts clearly to a satisfying conclusion.
CERTIFICATE | 2001 | FREELANCING IN TODAY’S SOCIETY, CAFÉ PRESS
· Related coursework: two workshops on storyline development, setting and creating conflict.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA | 1990 | WEST JORDAN HIGH SCHOOL
· Related coursework: Marketing, Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA). Future Problem Solvers of America class, placed third in state competition.
CONTENT WRITER | BUSINESS PROMOTION | MAY 2017-JAN 2018
· Wrote website content and blog posts for dental practices, that included calling and interviewing clients, writing marketing materials, emailing, and working on the computer.
OWNER | JULIA L. NIELSEN FREELANCE WRITING | JAN 2000-APR 2017
· Freelance writing, editing, and proofreading for local and national (virtual) clients, including nonprofits, new authors, and businesses. Includes some ad copy/editing, and website editing/review. 2000-2017 For clips and further information, please visit (jewelswrites.blogspot.com).
o Big Leap Digital Marketing: wrote 100 plus articles for Honest-1Auto Care, including their Home and Services pages, implementing SEO keywords and meta descriptions for search engines. (2018)
o Landscape Lighting Pro of Utah: Wrote their weekly blog on lighting, focusing on relevant information on design and installation, and featuring clients and employees once a month by interviewing them and writing a blog post; particular emphasis was on SEO-keywords placed strategically for the best exposure and ranking. Created and implemented meta descriptions for placement of search engines. (2016)
o Focus LCDs: Wrote articles detailing information on all things LCD with SEO-keywords included, along with visual examples. (2015)
o Family Share: Staff writer for the ezine, contributing articles on mental health, relationships, money management, and parenting. Articles garnered thousands of views & shares on social media. (2013)
o North County Newspapers: Stringer for Saratoga Springs Pony Express and Lehi Free Press, which included attending city council & planning commission meetings and reporting on the meetings; attending community events, interviewing citizens and local businesses, attending public school meeting and events and writing weekly articles to be published. (2003-2005)
Skills & Abilities
Excellent in Microsoft Word and Office, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple Pages, Notes, Numbers; Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, OneDrive, OneNote – excellent typist, and proficient with Wordpress; customer-service oriented, goal-driven, with a keen eye for detail and creativity.
· Emily Stewart, Business Promotion, 866-664-5216 EXT: 309
· Jason Pyles, Business Promotion, 866-664-5216
· Keith Rosser, Landscape Lighting Pro of Utah, 801-419-9471